If you want to be a fashion designer, you have two options. Work for design firms if you want to start your own clothing line. Or working as a freelance designer is one of the most popular trends for all new designers nowadays. The question is how much a freelance fashion designer earn ?
A freelance fashion designer designs clothing or accessories for a fashion store or brand. Fashion designers are occasionally engaged by television or film studios to design attire for films or television series. This is not always the case; for example, many independent fashion designers work in casual clothes boutiques. So, if you curious how much a freelance fashion designer earn, read this article till end.
Here are a few job tasks to help you understand what a freelance fashion designer does on a daily basis:
- Investigate fashion market trends to acquire insight into what target shoppers will like.
- Choose a central topic or concept for the entire collection / fashion line.
- Choose the style of clothing and accessories based on the chosen theme or notion.
- Create sketches for each concept and make modifications until you get the right design.
- Produce technical sketches for manufacturing at a factory or workshop.
- Communicate with manufacturers and cultivate positive relationships with them.
- Collaborate with other designers or a team of your choosing.
- Take part in the try-on of ready-made clothing samples.
- Consult the brand on photo shooting of a clothing line or displaying a collection.
How Much in Average Freelance Fashion Designer Earn ?
A freelance fashion designer’s income in the United States and Europe might range from 150 to 1,500 euros per day. It is determined by your level of experience and the status of your design project. The average Freelance Fashion Designer Earn is about $ 62,840.
However, keep in mind that a professional designer will only make more money with time, experience, and the development of their design skills.
What qualifications do you need to be employed as a freelance designer?
To become a freelance fashion designer nowadays, no formal education is required. However, in order to compete in the modern fashion world, you should first establish a solid foundation.
- You should pursue a career as a fashion designer (it is better if you have a certificate)
- You should improve your taste and originality (creativity can always be developed)
- You must always study more about fashion.
- It would be fantastic if you could create clothes sketches in Photoshop.
- You should be competent to make technical clothing sketches by hand or in Adobe Illustrator.
- Your age, country, and gender can all be anything.
- You can reside in any city or nation and work as a freelance designer anywhere.
Source : ielfs.com
Flexgigzz is the Asia leading marketplace for freelancers service and together with SOHO Learning Hub which is an online platform for short courses and both of them aims to be the number one provider in Asia. For growth industries such as E-Sport Authority which is dedicated to providing independent media coverage to all E-Sport News related from around the world and for the art world.