Many people become a freelancer to escape from the 8-5 job and annoying boss who doesn’t value you. However, when they become a freelancer, they change their working hours to 24/7 in order to get more projects. This can have detrimental effects on your self-worth and mental health, but it doesn’t mean freelancing is not worth it. It can be a fulfilling experience if you get to it with the right mindset. If you interested in SEO freelancing you need to check this article thoroughly to make you success mentally and financially.
Kristina Azarenko, an SEO consultant and founder of marketing syrup share her tips. that will help you get your SEO freelancing business up to speed and also keep your mental health well.
7 SEO Freelancing Tips
1. Communicate to other freelancers
There are those who have been there before you, no matter where you are. They have knowledge and experience that you may profit from. Getting advice from such folks can save you months of trial and error.
A few tips on how to approach experts for guidance :
- Be considerate of their time. Don’t just DM your list of queries or something ambiguous like ‘please assist me.’ People will gladly assist you if you instead create relationships.
- Make list of specifics Questions , The answers you receive are determined by the questions you ask. As a result, make certain that you ask targeted questions that will truly move the needle for you.
- You are accountable for your actions. You ask people to help you, not to take responsibility for your company. So, use your common sense to determine what works and what doesn’t.
2. Create an Online Presence
You have the potential to be the finest SEO ever. However, if no one knows about it, it will be difficult to succeed in SEO Freelancing.
LinkedIn can help you establish your online profile. You can utilize Twitter, establish a newsletter, or do both at the same time. You have an option. Having a strong internet presence makes it much easier to talk to potential.
3. You are the Business
When you start your own business, you become an accountant, a salesperson, an account manager, and a legal department all rolled into one. You also have to pay your taxes (which can be terrifying at first).
This must be considered while pricing your services. It’s not enough to just compute your hourly wage from your day job. You’ll need several times that amount to cover all other expenses.
Profit is the primary purpose of any firm. So the next step is to accept it and stop underestimating yourself (it might be easier when you see your first tax bill). So, here are the things you must take note
- Don’t work for nothing.
- Instead of billing by the hour, use project-based pricing.
- Improve on a regular basis and raise your prices correspondingly.
4. Develop Processes and Systems
It’s fine if you don’t have any processes or systems in place right now. But now is the time to start constructing them.
Creating processes will assist you in making your freelancing business more efficient and increasing your profitability. Processes are also useful for delegating later on, if you decide to hire someone to assist you.
You don’t have to make anything elaborate. A process can begin as a simple checklist that you can enhance over time.
5. Build Asset
You can start build an asset for your passive income such as creating an online course about SEO Freelancing Tips or writing an e-book. Selling items in addition to services helps you become a much better SEO since you gain a lot of marketing knowledge. You begin to interpret audience research differently, study copywriting, and gain a deeper understanding of your SEO clients. Besides that an asset can grow to be something bigger in the future.
6. Care your mental health
There is no such a free lunch, start freelancing can be rough at the early time therefore you must prepare yourself for long journey.
- Here are some tips to make you have work-life balance that keep you sane
- Have a group of people who will cheer you up (your spouse, friends, fellow freelancers).
- Have a pastime that is unrelated to your job (and, preferably, does not use a computer).
- Make plans for your leisure time.
- Set clear boundaries with yourself; don’t work in your pajamas for 12 hours a day.
- All of these minor details will ensure that you are running a marathon, not a sprint.
7. Accept the Right Clients
You won’t be able to work on every form of SEO assignment available. You cannot work with all of the many types of clients who come to you. Trying to help everyone will just exhaust you.
Instead, you must be clear about what you do (your skills), how you assist (your services), and who you assist (types of clients you work with). At initially, it will be difficult for you to say “no” to possible opportunities. However, it will be worthwhile in the long run.
You can use the above mentioned tips in levelling up your freelance SEO career and get the success as a freelancer.
Flexgigzz is the Asia leading marketplace for freelancers service and together with SOHO Learning Hub which is an online platform for short courses and both of them aims to be the number one provider in Asia. For growth industries such as E-Sport Authority which is dedicated to providing independent media coverage to all E-Sport News related from around the world and for the art world, there is Atelier Auction which is an investable art auctioneer and being in the art scene for decades.