Editor for Freelance Content
Insider is hiring an editor for freelance content to join the Business Insider team.
This editor will take on the role of brainstorming, assigning, and editing stories by freelance writers around career success and entrepreneurship as well as enterprise and startup tech companies and their financial backers, including reported features, profiles, analyses, scoops, and lists. They will work closely with the freelance editor of BI premium (our paywall) and the deputy editor of contributors and freelance to program and maintain a pipeline of smart, conversational, service-driven stories targeted at Business Insider’s subscriber audience. They will also collaborate with internal reporters and editors across all verticals, primarily Strategy (careers, success) and Tech, to source ideas and build off news stories. This editor will be responsible for assisting in guiding and managing a team of freelance writers, providing constructive feedback wherever necessary.
What you’ll have:
- An interest in and passion for the topics that Business Insider covers — business news, tech, finance, retail, media, advertising, and strategy (careers, success)
- Experience covering businesses, executives, and investors (experience in the tech space a plus)
- Experience with managing freelancers (an existing network is a plus)
- Ability to multitask, work quickly, and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Excellent proofreading and copyediting skills
- Experience writing headlines and packaging stories
- A good sense for what readers will find interesting
- Experience with content development, SEO, and growing online audiences
- Familiarity with content management systems
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter. If you’re passionate about this role but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply anyways — we still want to hear from you!
Insider Inc. employees are working remotely until July 2021. When the work from home period is over, this position will be based out of our New York City office.