Freelance Content Writer for Home Software Provider
HomeLight is seeking wordsmiths of the finest order to contribute engaging, data-driven articles to our Seller Resource Center where we publish hundreds of in-depth articles for tackling every step of selling your home.
Freelance content writers will contribute monthly articles on topics including the home selling process, real estate market trends, home improvement, and home design (word count ranging from 1,500 – 2,000). In addition to writing best-in-class articles, content writers source and interview real estate agents and subject experts, craft clever SEO headlines and metadata, and occasionally source fair-use photos.
This is a remote, freelance opportunity — candidates can be based across the U.S.
Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that’s simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight’s goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You’re a content writer with research chops who knows how to craft content that is as entertaining as it is informative. You’re a true grammarian who recognizes the passive voice as the eighth deadly sin. Your portfolio contains writing and reporting on topics like real estate, financial advice, the home selling process, home design, and home improvement.
What You’ll Do Here
- Write monthly articles ranging from 1,500 – 2,000 words on the real estate transaction process, real estate market trends, home design, home improvement, and more.
- Interview real estate agents in our network and source other subject experts for added insight.
- Research niche and well-trodden topics, synthesizing your findings and interview insights to produce articles better than the competition.
- Marry your personal style with our brand voice to create content that is persuasive, credible, and helpful beyond belief!
- Follow best SEO practices and craft irresistible headlines and metadata for each article.
- Proven ability to write research based articles ranging from 1,000 to 2,000 words.
- Experience writing content on real estate topics is not required but is highly preferred.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn best SEO practices for content writing.
- Professional communication skills that enable you to conduct excellent interviews. The real estate agents in our network are our clients; our writers represent HomeLight when conducting phone interviews.
- U.S. based candidate who does not require work sponsorship.
This is a remote freelance opportunity. Writers choose how many assignments they take on each month. Flat pay rate starts at $250 for 1,500 words with opportunity for raises based on proven quality and reliability.