Freelance Product Designer Remote Position
At Eedi we’re looking for a rule-breaking, forward-thinking, UX-focused, Product Designer to help us make a step-change in learning.
Contracted · NW1, London or Remote (UK-based)
About the job
Tens of thousands of schools already use Eedi’s diagnostic questions & formative assessment quizzes to identify what each student doesn’t understand and why they’re going wrong.
After raising £3.5m of investment from LEGO Ventures and others earlier in 2020, we’re taking our learnings from diagnostics questions, adding a splash of machine learning, a good helping of humans and applying them to a B2C product to provide every child their own learning companion.
Immediate start. This will be a short-term (3-6 month) contract for someone looking to make a long-term impression in education.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be working ahead of the rest of the team, thinking about where we want to go and designing your way to get us there, you’ll be starting from scratch rather iterating on anything that already exists
- You’ll be driven by getting parents and children to that “aha” moment within as few clicks as possible
- You’ll be focused on increasing child engagement by understanding their motivations and using tools such gamification and influencer content to help encourage them to want to learn more
- You’ll want to research what others are doing, in education and outside of it, and you’ll want to understand drivers for parents and their children through user research.
- You’ll drive prototyping, so you’ll need a user-centric approach to UX work and have strong user-engagement skills, constantly looking for innovative ways to engage with parents and children to validate hypotheses
- You will need to be comfortable working quickly and have excellent communications skills in order to accurately and efficiently share ideas with software engineers
- You will work closely with our lead designer and engineering teams to uphold design principles and systems
What you’ll Need
- 3+ years of UX experience in designing world-class consumer applications in a technology company or a reputable multidisciplinary design agency
- Open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential
- Outstanding skills in Figma, Invision, Marvel and other collaborative tools
- Strong ability to quickly generate wireframes, physical & digital prototypes
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
- The ability to understand technical implications in your design decisions
- The ability to take ownership of the design process and work as self-directed member of the product development team
- Strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviour
- Confidence in working with product growth experiments
Nice to haves
- Any gamification experience would be hugely advantageous
- Experience working with parents and/or children is definitely beneficial