Front End Developer
Front End Developer – Sydney Office (Remote)
At Domain Group, our vision is to inspire confidence for all of life’s property decisions. Driving this vision are our values: Open Minds Open Doors, Passion is Contagious, Have Adventures and Leap, Grow, Repeat. Together, our vision and values are what keep our work honest and meaningful. If they resonate with you, this might just be your next home too.
Behind our value of Open Minds Open Doors is our belief that different life experiences bring much-needed perspectives to the table, and so we’re committed to seeing things through each other’s eyes. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our diversity of race, beliefs, sexual orientations, gender identities, age, disability status, marital status and more – so that every single one of us can truly feel at home here.
About the role:
We are looking for a high-energy and enthusiastic Front End developer to join a rapidly-growing team with a fun and innovative culture. The Front End developer will be a key player in our team’s front-end development strategy, with responsibility for planning, execution, and optimisation of all our entire web application stack.
In this role you will have the opportunity to add new functionalities to Domain news consumer facing applications as well as maintain and contribute to current front end components across Domain. Maintaining and contributing to current front end components across Domain will also be part of your day to day.
Some of the exciting things you can expect day to day:
- Although you sit in a team of six, here at Domain we work in a collaborative environment, so you will be involved in cross team collaboration.
- Cross team collaboration could mean you are spending some of your morning working with DevOps, Design or product so we want you to be a great communicator.
- We work in an agile environment so day to day you will be following agile practices.
- We already mentioned how important team is so we expect you to support your team members to enable them to meet their objectives too.
We’d love you to have:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- You have already used CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI etc).
- Top-notch communication skills.
- Any experience in Node.js
- Computer science/software engineering background
Why you’ll love us:
Here at Domain, we encourage a healthy work-life balance, providing flexible hours and offer work from home opportunities (we’re fully remote currently). Usually based in our Sydney HQ you will be sure to connect with like-minded colleagues whether it be via our slack channels, coffee buddies, our design guilds, or virtual meet-and-greets. We know that when people are happy they tend to work better and have greater work satisfaction. So here at Domain, we look after our team.
We offer Pluralsight, Egghead, and Linkedin Learning licenses and are keen attendees to tech conferences including ReactConf and Women in Tech! Many of your teammates are well known for taking the stage at these events themselves! If you fancy joining them why not sign up for our public speaking group.
Get involved in our quarterly week long Hackathons and Tech Guilds so you can get your creative juices flowing, and meet other like minded people. They get pretty exciting!
Here at Domain, we’re driven by the belief that open minds open doors. We value innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings and are committed to building an inclusive workplace; one where every single one of us can feel truly at home.