Prototyper (Remote) for Wellness App Company
- This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Collaborate daily with Experience Designers, Product Designers, Service Designers, Engineers, and Design Researchers.
- Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity and complexity utilizing different tools, platforms, and programming languages.
- Prepare prototypes for testing in coordination with the Research team, and observe and support testing to ensure valid results.
- Advise front-end engineering teams on the implementation of prototyped interactions.
- Work across the Product Design team and support several simultaneous projects on tight deadlines.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Portfolio of relevant product design prototyping work displaying.
- 2+ years of experience in development or prototyping.
- Experience in UI development; working with designers and with design tools.
- Passionate about UI, UX and interaction design.
- Sits at the intersection of engineering and design.
- Highly collaborative and communicative; takes feedback well.
- Self-managed; can set timelines independently and stick to schedules.
- Takes a lean approach to solving problems and demonstrating ideas.
- Understands the imperfect nature of prototyping.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to learn new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry.
- Supportive of other designers; interested in bringing the work of other designers to life.
- Experience with building prototypes in short timeframes.
- Attention to detail and a solid understanding of visual communication.
- Highly adept and familiar with advanced & emerging prototyping software such as Framer, Figma, Protopie, Principle, Origami, and others.
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by client engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, Auto Layout, etc).
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and how rapid prototyping plays a role in it.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
How We Feel About Diversity & Inclusion
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
- Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.