Building Plans Examiner – Part Time – Remote
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking an experienced Commercial Building Plans Examiner to work remotely within our Variable Workforce Division. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. This position works remotely from home, providing plan reviews for SAFEbuilt clients across the country. This is a part time role based on activity levels.
- Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Considerable knowledge of the International Building and International Energy Conservation Codes.
- Knowledge of the International Residential, International Mechanical, International Plumbing, International Fuel Gas, and National Electrical codes preferred.
- Basic knowledge of land development processes including, zoning regulations, land entitlements, and public infrastructure construction.
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members from across the country in a remote environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
- Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into company software programs.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the International Building Codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- FL State Building Plans Examiner License
- ICC Building Plans Examiner
- ICC Plans Examiner Certifications in multiple trades preferred.
- PE Designations preferred
- A minimum of three (5) years of experience in reviewing construction plans
- Experience with Bluebeam is a plus