Civil Engineer – Colorado (Remote)
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking top talent for a Civil Engineer to join their operations in Colorado. The Civil Engineer coordinates, supervises, and participates in the conduct of complex engineering projects, including research, design, and review for a variety of storm water, site water and land prep/site development. This position also performs case reviews for new developments to ensure compliance to City master plans, standards, and coordination with City capital improvement projects.
- Work requires advanced skills and knowledge in approaches and systems, which affect the design and implementation of major programs, solutions for highly complex issues, and/or processes organization-wide. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
- Work requires the ability to perform math calculations such as advanced level algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.
- Work requires supervising and monitoring performance for a regular group of employees including providing input on hiring, coaching and disciplinary actions, including work objectives, performance evaluations, and realigning work as needed.
- Have solid computer skills and experience using MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise initiative and display independent judgment
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
- Professional Civil Engineer license
- Experience in storm water/site water and land prep/site development.
- P.E. with at least 5 years of experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a related field.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.