We’re looking for a Communications Specialist based in our Brisbane office in Australia. Suitable Candidates based in Sydney and Melbourne may be considered as well.
In this role, you join the Ritchie Bros. International Marketing team who is responsible for growing the engagement around our brands, events and products through a broad mix of marketing activities. The Marketing Communications Specialist role requires a passion for understanding the audiences in our markets and building out engaging and relevant communications. The emphasis will be on coordinating and executing content marketing, social media and public relations in a result-driven, measurable way.
In this role you’ll:
- Coordinate, execute, and deliver engaging marketing communications, driving public relations, social media & content marketing in the Asia Pacific region
- Proactively find stories, data trends, and company developments and bring them to life through earned & owned media to drive our key messaging
- Liaise with media and internal stakeholders to deliver quality editorials, interviews, and other press materials & organize events
- Bring our social media channels in the Asia Pacific to the next level by developing engaging content, partnering with our local teams & admins
- Drive our content marketing program & editorial calendar, consistently delivering high-quality content and optimize the performance of the program
- Develop out our marketing communications framework, processes, and tools to ensure accurate and effective delivery. You own and maintain campaign analytics, pro-actively report on progress and constantly advise on enhancements.
- Provide general support to the Director of Marketing, including internal communications, events, and presentations
- Coordinate & support local communications partners and associations
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here’s what you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing and/or Communications and have 5+ years of experience in marketing communications, preferably in an international B2B environment. Experience in the heavy equipment industry not required.
- A strong passion for capturing stories, creating engaging content in various forms and formats, and effectively delivering this to target audiences through a mix of earned, owned and paid media.
- Confident to challenge us on better, new ways to engage our audiences and take our marketing communications to the next level.
- Experience in managing PR, content marketing & social media campaigns, measuring performance, and optimizing workflows
- You have a pro-active, hands-on mentality, and you enjoy working in a team towards results, both with and without deadlines
- You are highly capable of writing and reviewing English texts and other marketing collateral.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we’ll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- Superannuation and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Be part of a global team
- Flexible work environment (Remote working)
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.