Copy Editor/Proofreader ( Remote )
Urgently needed Freelance Copy Editor.
Main responsibilities :
– Read, review, and edit manuscripts for accuracy in grammar and content.
– Edit copy to improve clarity and ensure content accessibility for the target audience.
– Verify terms, sources, and URLs using standard reference resources.
– Manage communication, schedule, and processing of edits and rounds of proof with author and project manager.
– 3–5 years of prior editorial experience in a technical environment.
– Bachelor’s degree and 4–8 years of professional work experience, preferably for a book publisher.
– Superior organization and time-management skills.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Ability to work in a team environment, yet be self-directed and proactive.
– Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to communicate well with team members and authors.
– Ability to work on tight schedules. Our books are time-sensitive and often require a rush schedule.