Cost Accountant (Virtual/Remote Opportunity)
We are looking fot Cost Accountant (Virtual/Remote Opportunity) this position can be based anywhere as it will mainly be a remote position.
- Plan studies and collect data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyze data obtained and records results.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effect on costs.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyze audits of costs and prepares reports for management.
- Compile cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommend cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Support Plant Controller with annual budget and year end close
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three plus years related experience preferably as a Cost Accountant
- Prefer candidates who desire future growth opportunity as a Plant Controller and have the ability to relocate to one of our plants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications-Word, Excel (pivot tables) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency with Manufacturing ERP systems (Oracle preferred).