Freelance Korean Copywriter / Copyeditor
SDL Launches Marketing Solutions to Enable Brands to Adapt, Manage and Deliver Global Customer Content.
SDL: Marketing Solutions builds on SDL’s legacy translation services, language tech innovation, and unparalleled geographical footprint to deliver transcreation expertise to help global brands speak, breath, feel and be local. Everywhere.
SDL is currently looking for project-based freelance native Korean copywriters/copyediors based in Korea (working remotely/from home) to join our fast-growing international pool of talent. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with leading brands on projects across Transcreation (short and long formats), Copywriting (origination), Marketing Translation, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), VOD (Voice Over Direction), Content Editing, Cultural Consultation, Market Insights etc. Note that we are looking for talent with experience and expertise across one, some or all of these project types. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and that have a genuine interest in helping brands speak across cultural borders. People who are happy working off-site but who are happy to be an extension of our in-house teams, bringing their creative and local market know-how to be a part of our clients´ success.
SDL: Marketing Solutions deliver Transcreation, Content Production and Web Editing services for brands and agencies looking to deliver globally consistent and locally relevant marketing, advertising and branded content. The copywriter will be working closely with our Creative Director, project managers and client teams, adapting brand content to brief across all channels from an (primarily) English source to another language.
• Minimum of 3 years proven, copywriting, copyediting, transcreation and adaptation experience ideally within the advertising and marketing sector
• Experience gained from language service provider, internal localization department, creative agency, internal agency or production agency perspective
• Excellent command of English
• Native Swedish speakers currently based in Sweden
• Ability to recreate brand, advertising and marketing content to suit local market needs and requirements, taking into account language, culture, emotion, tonality, imagery etc.
• Strong creative flair and sound knowledge of local culture, regulations and trends
• Experienced in working with creative brief and able to write creatively, clearly, concisely & grammatically correct copy, as well as understanding the different language styles that appeal to various brands and target audiences
• Compliant with requirements for English back translation and comments/rationales
• If/when applicable able to attend conference calls and in-person client meetings to discuss brief and feedback
• Flexible, with ability to prioritize and adapt quickly
• High level of awareness of brand strategy
• Client-facing experience
• Works well with an international/multi-location team
• Highly creative – able to bring new dimensions to projects and briefs
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively
• Never fails to meet deadline
• Ability to take on board and respect feedback
• Solutions oriented, client-first minded
• Approachable, with a can-do attitude