Freelance Templates Copywriter
With over 50,000 professionally designed layouts and their corresponding landing pages, our EN Templates page brings in over 200k visits monthly. In line with our mission, we want to increase that by engaging our local audiences through the creation of bespoke templates. We need to ensure that the design templates we produce are of excellent quality and relevant to what people are looking for.
For every template request, we need the high-quality copy to match. Having these copies available makes it easier for our designers to create more templates each week.
As a freelance Copywriter, you will:
- Create unique and well-researched copy relevant to the designated project, category, subcategory or topic, focusing on bespoke social media content, including but not limited to our Canva for Education and MSMEs communities;
- Ensure each output adheres to the specified amount of text fields or character count for each designated project, category, subcategory or topic.
- Adapt to Canva’s friendly and informative tone.
- Consistently meet the required minimum output by the specified deadline.
- Consistently meet the 90% weekly output quality rating.
- Work remotely and report to Canva’s Content Specialists for copywriting projects.
You’ll love this role if:
- You have a good grasp of your local language, in terms of sentence construction, spelling, and grammatical structure. And because less than 50% of our community is English-speaking, you consider your output carefully.
- You are meticulous with details, style, and tone, writing with clarity and empathy to deliver what is needed.
- You are quick with ideas, coming up with original template copies that can catch our user’s eye, but can still match Canva’s voice and brand guidelines.
- You have a good understanding of your culture and the social community, applying those learnings to the copies you produce.
- You have an eye for social trends and the evolving language that comes with them.
- You are able to understand a brief from stakeholders, research accordingly, and convert that brief into excellent template copy to meet the project’s needs.