Market Research Analyst ( Freelance )
Euromonitor International is looking for self-starting freelance analyst with a business, economics or scientific background who will take charge of FMCG market research projects. The market research analyst will be engaged on multiple projects throughout the year and will be supporting on each by a Project Manager in one of our regional offices.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the research process as described in the key responsibilities below including updating and developing new and existing datasets and reports for the consumer industries covered.
Our research addresses the following types of questions in order to deliver insightful business intelligence:
- How much fruit juice was sold in this region this year? Why did sales increase/decline over the previous year? What companies are the leading players? What share of sales is held by the leading brands?
- Is there a market for this product in X country? What channels could it be sold through? How should the product be positioned to maximize its potential?
- Why is company X doing better than company Y? What strategy is being employed and how is this supported operationally?
- Quickly digest and understand information in various formats covering a range of industries and countries
- Visiting retail stores to gather product information (e.g. pricing, availability)
- Secondary research on industry/company sources, for personal use and for dissemination
- Primary research (Trade interviewing), direct contact with companies and industry bodies to enhance quantitative and qualitative information available in the public domain
- Collecting and manipulating large sets of data within Excel in order to build market sizes and analyze brands market shares, etc.
- Analysing quantitative and qualitative data/information and as a result of client queries
- To build analysis and recommendations based on the information available and supported by your own additional research when necessary
- To support project managers in our regional office to create high quality / client ready research outcomes (presentations, written analysis, databases, etc.)
- To support and/or review/consolidate the work of other remote analysts in any of the steps of our research methodology. This may include tasks such as querying analyst data sets, creating data estimates from analyst interview notes and turning existing market information into strong strategic recommendations for our clients
- Strong communication skills – conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of the role; applicants with sales background and cold-calling background are also welcome
- Minimum availability of 40 hours per week when actively engaged on a project
- Fluency in English and native in local language, for both speaking and writing
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information, especially through trade interviews, and keen attention to detail when comparing information across multiple sources
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills
- High level of numeracy – Ability to work with, analyze, and interpret data
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- A degree in business, marketing, economics, statistics or related field
- Previous experience working remotely or on a project basis