What does this role do?
- You are joining a small but highly productive design team, working with senior engineers and product people from FAANG and Stanford MBA. Design is a critical differentiator for our company to succeed so we prioritize design at the company level.
- You are redefining how meaningful we can help people create connections online, so progress can be made in those industries and collaboration opportunities can be created. You are responsible for designing interactive video-and-social-first experience that help people feel closer with like-minded people in another hemisphere so they can do something bigger together. We are pondering the following design questions in the past month:
- How can we help redefine online event by building a fully digital social experience for events rather than another boring Zoom webinar?
- How can we help match people with shared business interests and motivate them to start a conversation?
- How can we help people to feel connected with the industry expert through live events?
- How can we design a truly interactive and non-awkward digital networking hour?
- Identify areas where online experience can do things that offline events can never do? e.g. drive more ecommerce conversions during an event?
- What are the new talk formats we can provide to enable intimate interactions between speakers and attendees so no one falls asleep?
- Establish the design foundation and design vision for the company long term
- Build design systems that flexibly supports long-term product roadmap
- Scrappy and enjoy building quick prototypes to test ideas
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- >5 years relevant design experience
- Strong in visual and product thinking
- Experience with native mobile, web and responsive design
- has experience with design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, Principle, Framer etc. and strong in interaction design
- Is a long-term visionary who loves to redefine things and create new experiences that matter
- Moves fast and loves the startup speed
- Prior social, video, dating, consumer experience a strong plus
Freelancer type required for this project