Freelance photo editing is a great way to make a living. It is perfect to working from home. Freelance photo editing is in high-demand and can pay well.
Freelance Photo Editor Job
The photo editor job will be to beautify photos and images for clients. This is achieved by using digital tools. Often, this will amount to airbrushing, cropping, color correction, color grading, or enhancing. However, you may also be given more creative tasks depending on the project.
- Airbrushing – Removing imperfections, often to make subjects’ skin appear smoother.
- Cropping – Removing objects from a scene, so they can be inserted into other scenes. For example, you might want to remove a person from a photograph against a green-screen in order to place them on the cover of a box.
- Color correction – This means fixing imperfections as they relate to the colors in an image. For example, if a photo was over-exposed then it might look washed out and require more contrast.
- Color grading – This means you will be altering the way colors appear in the image, perhaps creating a warmer or cooler tone for example.
- Enhancing/restoring – If the photo is damaged or fuzzy, then a photo editor might sometimes
Why companies need freelance photo editing
Companies require high-quality images as a way to market their products, services, and brands. Unfortunately, even with the best cameras in the world, photography alone can only achieve so much. To really reach that professional standard, photo editing is almost always required.
Companies also often need to create unique images using photography. It is for an album or book cover, packaging for a product, or a piece of advertising.
What skills do photo editors need?
The industry standard when it comes to photo editing is Adobe Photoshop. This is an extremely powerful piece of software, that provides countless tools for all the processes we discussed earlier.
If you are looking for a cheaper option, alternatives like Corel PaintShop Pro will be good to learn. Adobe Lightroom is useful for quick touch-ups.
Other software for freelance photo editing
While Photoshop will provide almost all the features you need for pure photo-editing. It also can be useful to master additional skills. Specifically, you can benefit from learning design and illustration tools such as Adobe Illustrator or even something like ProCreate. This way, you will be able to combine your photo editing and image-creation skills to create a wider range of different final products. Similarly, if you can combine photo editing with web design, video editing, or even 3D modeling. This lets you offer more features to clients.
You don’t need any specific qualifications or certifications in order to become a freelance photo editor. With that said, Adobe Certification and other similar certifications can only help when it comes to finding freelance photo editing jobs.
How to find photo editing jobs
It is useful to sign up for a stock photography website such as Shutterstock or Envato Elements. This will give you access to a range of royalty-free images you can utilize in your edits.
Source : www.androidauthority.com
Read More :